Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default UK Election 2024

So

Better late than never.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: UK Election 2024

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Going to be some interesting results tomorrow....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The political parties are there just to give you the illusion of choice. Two political parties or maybe three and yet there are 64 flavors of ice cream in the shop. That's all you need to know. The military industrial complex doesn't give a rat's ass who the president or prime minister is. Just keep selling the weapons and manufacturing the weapons and do nation building and regime change.

The political parties are there just to give you the illusion of choice.

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope Labour win with a massive landslide with Rishi, Boris and Rees-Mogg losing their seats. That would be funny.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ReesMogg one of biggest bell ends ever. True story
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All over the western world the big issue driving politics for the forseeable now that inflation has subsided is immigration. It's making far right parties popular enough to be likely winning power in a lot of countries.

But with Trump about to win in America the rest of the west might be about to catch a break. If he wins he's the dog who caught the car. He's then stuck with actually trying to round up hundreds of thousands or millions of people and then kicking them out.

Back before Brexit all the far right parties were also going to leave if they got power. It was part of the platform of parties like AfD and Le Pen's party. But once they saw how Brexit actually worked out for Britain they reversed course and now all want to stay in the EU.

The same thing will happen with immigration if Trump actually tries to kick millions of workers out of the US. It'll be an absolute economic catastrophe and he'll reverse course. It'll be a graphic demonstration to western voters that the easy answers people like Farage and Le Pen are all full of shit.

Labour have a lot of economic problems. The biggest by far isn't even Brexit, it's the damage caused by all the austerity over the past decade and a bit. I don't envy them trying to sort the mess out but the one issue the right have to hammer them with* if Trump does what he says he's going to will turn from a big negative for Labour into if not a positive at least a neutral issue.

*Electorates have a collective memory slightly better than that of a goldfish. A year into Labour's term and immigration will be all their fault, the fact it increased hugely after Brexit under the Conservatives will all be forgotten and right wing politicians using it as an issue will have success.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FB_IMG_1720087793192.jpg

Look at the C**TS.

Go out vote and give the bastards a beating they will never forget.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    All over the western world the big issue driving politics for the forseeable now that inflation has subsided is immigration. It's making far right parties popular enough to be likely winning power in a lot of countries.

But with Trump about to win in America the rest of the west might be about to catch a break. If he wins he's the dog who caught the car. He's then stuck with actually trying to round up hundreds of thousands or millions of people and then kicking them out.

Back before Brexit all the far right parties were also going to leave if they got power. It was part of the platform of parties like AfD and Le Pen's party. But once they saw how Brexit actually worked out for Britain they reversed course and now all want to stay in the EU.

The same thing will happen with immigration if Trump actually tries to kick millions of workers out of the US. It'll be an absolute economic catastrophe and he'll reverse course. It'll be a graphic demonstration to western voters that the easy answers people like Farage and Le Pen are all full of shit.

Labour have a lot of economic problems. The biggest by far isn't even Brexit, it's the damage caused by all the austerity over the past decade and a bit. I don't envy them trying to sort the mess out but the one issue the right have to hammer them with* if Trump does what he says he's going to will turn from a big negative for Labour into if not a positive at least a neutral issue.

*Electorates have a collective memory slightly better than that of a goldfish. A year into Labour's term and immigration will be all their fault, the fact it increased hugely after Brexit under the Conservatives will all be forgotten and right wing politicians using it as an issue will have success.
    Now that inflation has subsided? Hahaha the rent is double where I live compared to 2020 and groceries are double compared to 2020. Inflation has not subsided and is running away out of control in the United States. You may try to spin it by saying that month over month the inflation rate has subsided, but the inflated prices remain and are still going up.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

Now that inflation has subsided? Hahaha the rent is double where I live compared to 2020 and groceries are double compared to 2020. Inflation has not subsided and is running away out of control in the United States. You may try to spin it by saying that month over month the inflation rate has subsided, but the inflated prices remain and are still going up.

Inflation is defined as the increase in prices of goods and services in the previous twelve months. Grocery inflation is one point something percent in the last year and rents have been falling for almost a year now. There was a spike in both from 2021 onwards but nowhere near double, groceryprices are up about twenty five percent and rents about thirty five. Normally rents go up five to eight percent a year anyway.

You're renting? You don't have any equity at all? No savings or investments? The next ten years are going to be an experience.

Do you think Donald Trump will manage to get prices reduced?

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every single time I hear UK politics it's one of the first to pop in my head Some things just stick around.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 07-05-2024 at 04:30 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Farage almost 20% of total votes but very few seats, for Clacton. Massive win over the conservatives.
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 07-05-2024 at 05:52 AM.

Thread Information