Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Euro 2024

So close and yet so far.

That clearance off the line in the last minutes!

I need to take it in.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

we didn't deserve it lets face it.

Accommodating Kane cost us tactically. He didn't fit into the style we needed to play to win this thing. OK Southgate doesn't play those tactics anyway but............

We had an attacking squad and didn't use them as such - on paper were Spain better than us man for man ? No but they attacked and fair play to them.

It;s hit hard today - not so much because we lost last night but the realisation that once again we couldn't get over the line and that it may never happen in my lifetime.

It's the hope that kills you
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I said, it was an excellent match, worthy of a Final. I thought both teams played superbly. That double save toward the end was wicked. It was Olmo that saved the day for Spain. Even after he headed the ball off the goal, an English player almost headed it back in. It was one of the very best plays of the tournament. It was also a clean, crisp match. Congrats again to both teams for putting on such a wonderful show. What I loved is that both teams showed aggressiveness... and that is always fan-friendly.

By contrast, the Copa America final was a bit tedious. Exciting in its own way, though. The start was delayed by fan-related issues at the gates. Bad look for the league and the stadium organizers. Once the match did begin, it was just as intense an atmosphere. Argentina vs Colombia. Some people thought it would be a walk-over, but Colombia came out surprisingly strong. In the end, Argentina won in the second extra time on a terrific strike, sparing us from a penalty shootout. I felt good for Messi, who left injured in the 2nd half and was distraught... and for Di Maria, who was playing his last international match.

Argentina has now won back-to-back-to-back matches, if you count the last two Copa Americas, and the World Cup in between. They're sure to solidify their #1 ranking.

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...a8b2803c&ei=12

"When is Finalissima 2025 between Spain and Argentina? The Euro 24 - Copa América decider"

Here I am, posting stuff about Copa America in the Euro thread, and didn't even know this existed until I saw it just now.

Pretty cool stuff. The winner of European Championship against the winner of Copa America.

I love both teams... so looking forward to this one.

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sexy final certainly better than Colombia who sound very thuggish.

Messi still playing and winning is also amazing.

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@TitoFan do not know if you know about this but the new football is due to start over here.

Enzo Fernandez has apologised to several French players in the Chelsea squad after being accused of "uninhibited racism" by team-mate Wesley Fofana.

The Argentina international, 23, landed in Atlanta in the United States and addressed the video posted to his social media account after Argentina beat Colombia 1-0 in the Copa America final on 14 July.

The video featured a song sung by some of the Argentina squad about France's black players, which the French Football Federation said included an alleged "racist and discriminatory" chant.

A complaint was made to world governing body Fifa, while Chelsea instigated an internal disciplinary procedure which is now closed.

Chelsea have seven France players who are black or mixed race in their first-team squad. Axel Disasi, Benoit Badiashile, Lesley Ugochukwu, Christopher Nkunku, Malo Gusto and Fofana were all part of the travelling group on Chelsea's US tour.

Fofana, who has one cap for France, had posted an image of the video on Instagram, describing it as "uninhibited racism".

BBC Sport understands several players appreciated the initial talks, with new manager Enzo Maresca expected to confirm the imminent return of the £107m midfielder.

Fernandez has also offered to donate money to an anti-discrimination charity, an amount that will be matched by Chelsea.

Maresca played down the situation when questioned last week in his first press conference as manager, saying he didn't think there would be "any problems at all" when Fernandez returned.

Noni Madueke echoed those comments saying the situation would "be fine", but captain Reece James accepted the situation as a "problem" and said he was ready to act as a mediator.

An investigation by Fifa is ongoing and could lead to FA involvement and a potential ban from domestic matches for Fernandez.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/c6p2m09p241o

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Racism is everywhere, my friend. I used to think it was only in the U.S., but that was a long time ago. I've come to realize it's alive and well in Europe, South America, and other places as well. It's really too bad. Some of these players (like Hernandez) aren't necessarily bad people. They're just ignorant, which is inexcusable, because as an adult you should know better. One thing is to be ultra-sensitive to everything, like some people are. But another is to be careless with your comments (or songs), and hurt other people. I believe life should be all about balance.

Thread Information