Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  50
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Bivol v Beterbiev

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bivol v Beterbiev next!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bivol v Beterbiev next!

There is no way a hardcore boxing fan would pay for all these fights. You have to use streams to watch them as they are on different subscription channels, too many PPV and cost way too much.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really think Beterbiev is going to show he's at a higher level
    Disclaimer: I have been wrong many times before

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think we'll have an undisputed light heavyweight champion for long
    The IBF will probably do their thing

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bivol v Beterbiev

Added Poll.

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted Bivol will be the first person to take Beterbiev the distance but lose a decision.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beterbiev has got info from Bivol's ex on injuries
    He'll beat Bivol up for her

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Allllmost there! Can't wait for this one. It's just sort of creeping up on us as let's be honest both are very low key and have not been yucking it up in promotion. Then when they get the center stage, we get muppet Eubanks stealing the headlines. I don't think talk has been loud and constant enough that this main and that card effectively have nothing to do with each other. If anything, it's being used to push that week ppv forward and some fans may not realize it's NOT part of that card . I'm going with Bivol on the cards. At least tonight. May change next week...or tomorrow...so ask me then .

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Distance God / Inverted Reset Step Back King (Bivol) VS The Genocide Supporting / Testosterone Willing Overlord / Bung Knee Terminator (Beterbiev)

That's what this fight should be called (if you can fit it on a poster)

The Real Artur

Because the meniscus tear he and his team claimed was the reason that the original fight was cancelled

Meniscus tears are usually treated by what ? Yup - You guessed it... steroids. So if he ever got caught with steroids in his system during this Bivol camp he could claim it was part of his recovery.

Despite us having clear indications of younger fighters like Sergio Martinez career getting completely finished by a meniscus tear.

We're to believe an older man is not only going to recover but recover in a matter of weeks and head into camp for 8-12 weeks for an October date.

When a meniscus tear can take up to 9 months and you're in crutches for the first 6-8 weeks and lets not forget they announced his injury in May

But Artur has always been passed clean. So you have to give him the benefit of the doubt

Regardless this fight is not gonna be anywhere near as competitive as what people think

Not only wont Beterbiev win the fight. I don't think he'll win a round. I don't see this as 50/50 at all. Bivol going to put a boxing clinic. Bivol has never been down and despite no one ever lasting the distance aganst Beterbiev, he isnt a "lights out" puncher

Gvozdyk was ahead on the scorecards against Beterbiev. The mistake he made was that he tried to sit down on punches and really hurt Beterbiev. Bivol will not make that mistake.

But I love this fight. Both are dedicated to the sport. Both talk very little. This means they're really gonna perform. Expect them to give everything they have in the ring. We're about to witness a special fight for the ages, I'm just happy to be able to witness it.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 10-01-2024 at 02:56 AM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    The Distance God / Inverted Reset Step Back King (Bivol) VS The Genocide Supporting / Testosterone Willing Overlord / Bung Knee Terminator (Beterbiev)

That's what this fight should be called (if you can fit it on a poster)

The Real Artur

Because the meniscus tear he and his team claimed was the reason that the original fight was cancelled

Meniscus tears are usually treated by what ? Yup - You guessed it... steroids. So if he ever got caught with steroids in his system during this Bivol camp he could claim it was part of his recovery.

Despite us having clear indications of younger fighters like Sergio Martinez career getting completely finished by a meniscus tear.

We're to believe an older man is not only going to recover but recover in a matter of weeks and head into camp for 8-12 weeks for an October date.

When a meniscus tear can take up to 9 months and you're in crutches for the first 6-8 weeks and lets not forget they announced his injury in May

But Artur has always been passed clean. So you have to give him the benefit of the doubt

Regardless this fight is not gonna be anywhere near as competitive as what people think

Not only wont Beterbiev win the fight. I don't think he'll win a round. I don't see this as 50/50 at all. Bivol going to put a boxing clinic. Bivol has never been down and despite no one ever lasting the distance aganst Beterbiev, he isnt a "lights out" puncher

Gvozdyk was ahead on the scorecards against Beterbiev. The mistake he made was that he tried to sit down on punches and really hurt Beterbiev. Bivol will not make that mistake.

But I love this fight. Both are dedicated to the sport. Both talk very little. This means they're really gonna perform. Expect them to give everything they have in the ring. We're about to witness a special fight for the ages, I'm just happy to be able to witness it.
    Come on, that was back in 1970. Fuck me , I’ve had both done and on the second one they made me walk back to my hospital room 20 minutes after the op.
    For a top athlete, it’s a 6 week rehab and back into serious training.
    In the old days , it was all about isolation and restricted movement , nowadays they get you up and moving around immediately.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really looking forward to this fight, hope the injury and age of Beterbiev have no impact on this epic contest.

I do not think Roy Jones unified the titles so can't remember when last it was done.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beterbiev has this legendary status (while he is still active) that usually is bestowed on people long after they have finished boxing. Look at all the posts about people like Earnie Shavers and Harry Greb for example.

Commentators wax lyrical about him being an utter destroyer when the evidence in front of you isn’t quite the same.

Yes, he is a really good fighter, yes he has a record full of stoppages …. But he was handled pretty easily by Usyk in the amateurs and in his last few fights he has looked a bit ponderous and easy to hit.

Bivol was excellent against Canelo - another massively hyped big hitter with very slow feet, but who likes to set them before unloading big shots.

I think Bivol outboxes and out manoeuvres Beterbiev for five or six rounds, and gains in confidence when Beterbiev starts to struggle with the pace after expending so much energy trying to catch him up. Might even force a stoppage late on.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've gone with Beterbiev on pts but I really am undecided. The general rule is the boxer wins and Bivol is better than any boxer Beterbiev has faced yet as a pro. Beterbiev can also box and is not just a puncher. This fight is a great clash of styles and I'm excited to seem them in the ring, better late than never.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like both fighters Clarke and Wardley. The first fight was epic and I thought Clarke was the better boxer and think he will win this time. They are both decent and good men.

Glad they are getting well rewarded as this is a tough fight for both.

Thread Information