Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  31
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Anthony Joshua v Daniel Dubois

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Daniel Dubois

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    AJ is the big draw which is why there may be a rematch.

Good exciting fight.
    Yep , tell that to everyone else waiting in line. I like Joshua but that is complete bullshit.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just caught the fight on ATF and didn't see that coming at all. Well done to @DarkLordAl and the others who picked Dubois to KO Joshua. Absolute opposite of what I predicted happened. Dubois just never gave Joshua chance to put anything together and flooded his opponents head with uncertainty from the start and those multiple knockdowns made AJ look like a clueless novice. Coming forward with low hands all night was never going to end well against a puncher like Dubois.

Everyone man and his dog now claiming Joshua was always over hyped and shite does not acknowledge Dubois grabbing that opportunity with such a great performance.The laughable idea of Joshua having a glass chin after getting up again and again is a bit daft but he is definitely a bit chinny and vulnerable to a massive crisis of confidence once tagged.

End of the road,rematch or cash in against Fury or Wilder?

Usyk just continues to look even better.
    Last edited by Beanz; 09-22-2024 at 02:20 PM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    AJ is the big draw which is why there may be a rematch.

Good exciting fight.
    Yep , tell that to everyone else waiting in line. I like Joshua but that is complete bullshit.
    Dubois wants to make the most amount of money and if it is against AJ then that is who it will be. You know how boxing works.

AJ was awful last night and got completely obliterated.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm happy.

2024 showed that all three were protected due to the golden age of ducking. Finally we get to move on from that and hopefully a new hierarchy of HW's with new faces will emerge especially when Usyk goes too.

AJ, Fury, Wilder pretty much avoided each other until Usyk came along and upset the little cosy bromance they had going on. To think that AJ will most likely never fight Fury or Wilder. These boxers and their promoters should have their licences revoked just for that alone.

Good riddance.

This has been a brutal year for Eddie Hearn. Without Turki Alalshikh, DAZN would be costing $300 a month.

The fight last night ?

Well I did predict Dubois would win. I really did. The fight was supposed to be a step-up for Dubois, but in reality it was a step-up for Joshua because he hasn't faced a genuine threat in over 2 years, while Dubois has been in the trenches.

When the bell rang AJ came out for a 'feeling out' first round, Dubois came for war.

It took AJ 4 rounds to realise he was in a fire fight. By then he was so damaged it barely mattered because for the rest of the fight Dubois beat Joshua like he owed him money.

AJ will always lose to top fighters who are prepared to punch with him and continue to do so EVEN when they were hurt. Not sure if he will ever have the answer to that blueprint. Not sure if he ever did.

But Ben Davison is a Boxing genius !!

The work he put in to turn AJ into a 3 time world champ has been...

No wait, that didn't happen. As you were!

AJ will always be a stiff fighter who doesn't move well, fights tall, doesn't move his head much and is more of a stiff puncher rather than a fluid boxer

Dubois just has his number. The Ruiz loss had a flukiness to it. This feels different.

Technically and mentally AJ looked like an absolute novice. He needs to quit the sport because whatever confidence he had early on in his career is now forever gone because he switched his style after Klitshko from a "don't give a FK go for broke" artist to a complete filled with doubt overthinker who can't make the right decision on the right time on when to go into boxing mode to when to go into firefighting mode.

Dubois is a fighter who is mainly effective when leading. The moment AJ came out and didn't try to dictate the fight he was done. But you know what ? Even if he had come out slinging to backing Dubois up early he would have lost. The rookie errors he was making was shocking, The first knockdown for example, backs up, chin in the air left hand by his waist. This fight also puts into perspective how good Hrgovic's chin is.

Last night also proved that losses dont mean sh*t as your coming through. I hope this shows all the fighters around to just jump in and test yourself against the best and if you lose you come again. The "0" means absolutely nothing and if this becomes the case boxing could born again and us as fans would be the winners. I also genuinely love how Dubois is just himself. He has a social awkwardness about him which is different from the polished AJ.

If AJ decides to take a rematch, he'll regret it. After all is said and done, he couldn't take Daniel's punches but Daniel was taking his. That's a recipe for disaster. Besides AJ was a beltless challenger. He shouldn't even get a rematch. I’d much rather see the division moving forward instead of the constant rematches

Enjoy your millions Femi and retire

P.S I know it's a meme that most ppl have probably seen flying around social media, but that last count was the only time I've seen a boxer try to pull off a breakdance (like that Raygun in the Olympics) move with one leg in the air and his tongue stuck to the floor.

Last edited by Denilson3.0; Yesterday at 06:01 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't see much point in a rematch really for this one. Hopefully the fury match up now gone out the window too. Serves them right.

Something else I noticed. Mcgregor isn't a knob at all is he....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lI thought Joshua would break Dubois down in about 6 rounds. Well, I got that one wrong

AJ looked utterly and totally shot, and he fought like he knew it. Dubois just walked right through him and bullied him.

Fair play to Joshua, he showed some heart, but absolutely nothing else. Fought like a novice, which I have never seen from a supposedly elite and experienced former champ.

I am not getting too excited about Dubois, as we have already seen his limitations. It’s easy to look good against someone offering close to nothing
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ got caught in the exchanges like he did against Ruiz Jr. lol.. same thing.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with people saying Joshua is shot. Doesn't have much punch resistance anymore. And the way he went charging in with his chin in the air in the fifth he deserved to get knocked out.

Apparently he wants the rematch or is at least saying that right now. I don't think Eddie fancies it. Eddie was saying well it's a big 2025 for him, either Dubois or Fury. If he fights Dubois again it'll be over even quicker than the first time. Fury you never know. I expect Fury to lose to Usyk again and Fury Joshua would be box office for both of them with the potential for a rematch or two.

Dubois would love a rematch. It's the biggest payday out there for him and the least risk.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Mark Chamberlain vs Josh Padley (lightweight)
    I think the last one will be closer than people are expecing
    good call on this one. i took your advice & placed a little bet. thank you
    No worries, I had a good night with predictions

apart from the main fight
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was an abysmal performance by AJ. I have never seen him that bad ever. Even against Ruiz he was doing OK before the knockdown.

AJ seemed like he never boxed before. He was slow, timing off, missing his target, chin in the air, was leaning back, taking unnecessary punishment, and bullied by Dubois.

AJ needs to take a long hard look at himself and ask does he truly want it because that was an awful performance. Dubois did nothing new that AJ was not expecting.

AJ seem to come in thinking he was going to easily break Dubois and started far too casually. He tried the quick right cross and uppercut which all missed. Sticking his tongue out and taunting Dubois but it was ignored. When AJ went for Dubois in round 5 he recklessly walked into a huge right hand.

If AJ wants to continue and not retire then he should rebuild again as Bruno did time and time again. There is no need for a rematch he would get destroyed just as quickly. He should rebuild by making a couple of arena fights and see what happens with Usyk/Fury/Dubois.

Sadly AJ v Fury could still sell. That will still happen.

On current form Dubois could beat damaged Joyce, shot Wilder, old Chisora but would prefer he stay busy and take on Parker, Zhang or Bakole.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heavyweight boxing is unlike any other division in boxing for a simple reason. You can bulk up as much as you like. You can train to punch through a brick wall. You can build abs of steel to take body punches.

But you can't make your brain more impervious to shots to the head. Sure, you can bulk up neck muscles. But you can't add shock absorbing capability to the brain floating around in your skull. A punch from a heavyweight boxer is going to ring your bell no matter how bulked up you are.

Having said that, some chins are weaker than others... and it's obvious AJ's chin is suspect. Some guys could famously take a punch and keep coming (2nd version of George Foreman comes to mind). Holyfield was another one. But AJ's Achilles heel is his chin.

I couldn't help thinking of Wilder, and how far both have plunged. Both have gotten knocked out by more than one opponent. A fight between them now, while pointless, would be interesting. Either could easily knock the other guy out... and it would be pretty much a coin toss as to who would win.

Thread Information