Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: WTF is Canelo so afraid of Benavidez?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default WTF is Canelo so afraid of Benavidez?

... It's not like Canelo has not lost already? So he can't be afraid of losing the fight and losing his "0". So what's the beef? Canelo is a much better boxer than Gvozdyk, Andrade and Plant... So why the hell is he running from this fight?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WTF is Canelo so afraid of Benavidez?

what makes you think canelo is afraid of david b?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    make the fight. the saudis have the money.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo is either deliberately pricing himself out of the fight or strongly negotiating his last few fights to top up his pension fund.

Saul is in the driving seat and he making sure everyone knows about it. I think he has earned that by becoming the undisputed supermiddleweight champion whilst no one else of his potential challengers has done it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Canelo is either deliberately pricing himself out of the fight or strongly negotiating his last few fights to top up his pension fund.

Saul is in the driving seat and he making sure everyone knows about it. I think he has earned that by becoming the undisputed supermiddleweight champion whilst no one else of his potential challengers has done it.
    I don't think we are going to get that fight if that is the case. they built Canelo up too much for him to step down from that place to come to a sensible compromise for the fans. We will never get this fight. Mark my words.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo isn’t running scared, he's just walking at a very brisk pace

The reason why I see Benavidez being a problem for Canelo is because he'd be forced to fight the other mans fight. Benavidez may or may not beat Canelo but Canelo DOESN'T know if he can beat him. And at this stage of career, Canelo needs to know he can beat the other guy. Most of his recent opponents stick to pitty-pattying, barely throwing hard punches. So he's playing it safe and hoping wins over fringe guys will add to his greatness because in boxing if you continue winning people hop aboard the train.

However even if they did fight I think Canelo wins. Benavidez is a good stylistically match up for him. Canelo won't have to go looking for him and he matches Benavidez for strength and power, but is more skilled. Benavidez main chance would be to outlast Canelo with his greater stamina, but I think Canelo gradually breaks him down. I don't look at Benavidez as some KING KONG. We saw what happened when he fought Gvozdyk (who had a simlar body frame to him) at LHW. Never badly hurt him. He does try to bully smaller fighters in lower weight divisions. Where as Canelo did have the the heart to challenge fighters in higher weight divisions (Bivol, Kovalev)

Other options for Team Canelo ?

Well Beterbiev hospitalizes him. I'm not speaking metaphorically either, I think he genuinely ruins Canelo. Canelo can't hurt him, cant intimidate him, can't outbox him, can't run from him and he ain't gonna run it back with Bivol either.

So he simply has to fight Benavidez next. It's getting to a point now were David, will be his "legacy fight" that will be a huge feather in his cap if he can win. Don't get me wrong, win or lose against Benavidez, Canelo's greatness is already cemented, but a win over young lion who everyone is talking about like Benavidez ? That would be icing.

Last edited by Denilson3.0; Today at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody would love to see Canelo v Benavidez more than me. But let’s be honest, it’s gone.
    Look back at recent history and tell me one elite/possible #1 P4P fighter who increased the quality of his opponents when they got to this age?
    It doesn’t happen, Floyd , Manny Pac, any of them. Yeah they carried on fighting champions , but they weren’t taking on the biggest challenges as they got older.
    Canelo calls the shots and that’s how it is!
    Is it right? No, of course not, but the sport has let it happen for so long it has become the norm.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    make the fight. the saudis have the money.
    what weight & money are the saudi's offering canelo? is david b going to move back down again? i thought david b had moved on with his career because he was tired of waiting. the only risk canelo is taking at light heavy is a rematch with dmitry if he bests artur
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Thread Information