Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: How does Canelo beat Berlanga?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Canelo vs Berlanga predictions

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo vs Berlanga predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I had said Canelo TKO-5, but I'm revising it to TKO-4.
    Yea. Canelo will get up for this one simply because Berlanga is a Rican and the Mexican/Rican rivalry will cause him to go out to hurt the dude. Berlanga has little to no chance if you as me. If he does and comes in in shape, we may have a classic fight on our hands. But I doubt it.

Nah... no classic. Berlanga lost when he signed the contract. He basically fell into a grateful Canelo's lap. Canelo doesn't fight ANYONE who might actually represent a danger to him. Everything is mega-calculated. Berlanga did him a favor by taking Benavidez off of people's minds.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

prelims
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like Caleb Plant got pulled into an all-out war with Mccumby. Unranked unknown Trevor arguably dropped Plant twice, but Plant got up and poured it on for a tko in the 9th. The exact way it was always going to and expected to be. Actually saw FOTY used . *Ring activity matters.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've no idea what Berlanga was tying to do in there. He threw some jabs and right hands. Made faces and snarled and tried to rough Canelo up a bit. But in terms of a plan to actually try and win the fight, there didn't appear to be one. Cool boots though.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For once Oscar was part right. It was a decent fight but the thing Oscar wants, that most fight fans want is that Canelo needs to fight Benavidez or GTFOH.

He says he wants the Bivol rematch but not Beterbiev. I can see the logic. I don't think Canelo can beat Beterbiev even if Bivol beats Beterbiev. If Ginger can win even 5 rounds legit vs Bivol ? I think he thinks he'll get some assistance from judges and they'll will give him the fight.

Where as Beterbiev is a bad stylistic match up for him. The fight won't go 12 rounds as Cinnamon can't box on the backfoot.

But I reckon Canelo and his team are just gonna follow the Manny template were he stopped getting KOs, but was still winning clearly but noticeably fading.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 09-15-2024 at 09:14 PM.

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post

For once Oscar was part right. It was a decent fight but Oscar thing was like most fight fans that Canelo needs to fight Benavidez or GTFOH.

He says he wants the Bivol rematch but not Beterbiev. I can see the logic. I don't think Canelo can beat Beterbiev even if Bivol beats Beterbiev. If Ginger can win even 5 rounds legit vs Bivol ? I think he thinks he'll get some assistance from judges and they'll will give him the fight.

Where as Beterbiev is a bad stylistic match up for him. The fight won't go 12 rounds as Cinnamon can't box on the backfoot.

But I reckon Canelo and his team are just gonna follow the Manny template were he stopped getting KOs, but was still winning clearly but noticeably fading.

Good points. Agree on some.

Yes... Oscar and most of the boxing world is right. Canelo DOES need to fight Benavidez, or as you well put it..... GTFOH.

Yes... Beterbiev beats Ginger regardless of whether he (Beterbiev) loses to Bivol. (If that happens, I wish Team Canelo would mistake that for vulnerability and make the fight. It won't happen.)

Slight disagreement? I think Ginger needs much less than 5 rounds to get the nod against Bivol. Dmitry gave him a thorough waxing the first time, and somehow the judges made it close. A second time around they would rob Bivol for sure. Bivol would need a knockout to win.

My biggest disagreement is with the Pacquiao comparison. Pac's second-to-last fight was against an undefeated Keith Thurman. Against whom he eked out a split decision. It was a fight Pac could've easily lost. Clearly not Ginger's M.O. Ginger took the fight against Bivol as a gross miscalculation on his/their part. They learned their lesson... and it won't happen again. Manny was obviously not scared of the big bad "L" on is record, as evidenced by the fights he took and lost. Ginger doesn't take a fight (except Bivol), unless Team Canelo's computer spits out a 99% probability of victory, including factors like draining the opponent, ridiculous clauses, etc.

No. Ginger's template is 180 degrees from Manny's.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does Canelo need more tainted meat? He has not been knocking out his opponents as much these past three fights.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    *Ring activity matters.
    Both Fulton and Plant showed signs of rust. Fulton benefitted from being the PBC fighter on the cards. Romero and Lara's fights were awful. I was surprised Garcia quit off that left hand. Anyone who put money on a Canelo decision will be happy. The preliminaries were better than the main card.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Berlanga was all mouth and did not really go for Canelo until the last round. He was handily beaten by Alvarez who does look slower and less elusive than normal.

Noticed Canelo throwing the knuckle part of the glove when he punched Berlanga like Golovkin did in his prime but he was less effective.

I can see Canelo try and get Turki, the Saudi billionaire, to try and push Crawford even if nobody wants to see it. Just bonkers that anyone would push a useless contest when it should be Benavidez.

Teo v Lara was awful. Why did anyone sanction that world title contest. Just a waste of time. Thank god I did not stay up for the card.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Berlanga was all mouth and did not really go for Canelo until the last round. He was handily beaten by Alvarez who does look slower and less elusive than normal.

Noticed Canelo throwing the knuckle part of the glove when he punched Berlanga like Golovkin did in his prime but he was less effective.

I can see Canelo try and get Turki, the Saudi billionaire, to try and push Crawford even if nobody wants to see it. Just bonkers that anyone would push a useless contest when it should be Benavidez.

Teo v Lara was awful. Why did anyone sanction that world title contest. Just a waste of time. Thank god I did not stay up for the card.
    Now my disclaimer is that I didn’t see the whole fight, but…
    1. From what I saw Berlanga did ok for the level he is. He can be happy with his performance. How many fighters stick it on Canelo?
    Berlanga was less disappointing than Callum Smith, Billy Joe Saunders, Rocky Fielding , Amir Khan and even Liam Smith.
    2. Canelo is in the twilight of his career and the only risks he will take are for Mega retirement money.
    3. I agree that Benavidez should be the fight , but it’s gone forever. And Canelo has basically in his defence told Turki to stick his money up his ass!
    4. I think you meant Danny Garcia v Lara (?) and yep agree, it’s a disgrace.

One thing I have to say about Canelo , his Chin is GRANITE! that said , like Froch in his heyday, we know that because he gets tagged on it way too much for a supposed ATG.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True enough about Berlanga he did his best. I think Billy Joe Saunders did try and make it a fight.

I bet Canelo will take the Crawford money if Turki is silly enough to give it away.

Yes I meant Danny Garcia v Lara. (I get Teo and Danny confused because they are trained by their dad).
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Berlanga was all mouth
    Berlanga is like the Middleweight Jarrell Miller.

All talk.

These kids are not trash talking like the greats used to. The Ali's, the Camachos. If both of them were around now the “culture warriors” would be dumping sideways bricks

But now you have fragile beta males that grew up idolizing the local losers and combined it with social media poison. It's almost like a form of boxing-drill-X drama..like dogs that bark at each other, but just behind a fence

Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't be convinced that Canelo just let the man remain in there. Berlanga had clueless written all over his face and again the single and only asset he was hyped for failed to materialize and he couldn't be bothered to come close to going out on his shield. Reactions afterwards were all about handing out participation trophies to Edgar for simply staying upright in a fight he should have never been in to begin with. Canelo just put him in check very early on and was content to keep him there throughout with little added effort. Sparring session mind set ruled the night. Reported that Berlanga came in at 193...a literal "25 lbs" added. Dreadful card. Canelo retirement tour coasts on and will most likely make its next stop at Eubanks or quite possible the Crawford sideshow event. Saw Bud and Turki mugging for the cameras afterwards and I'm just losing respect for Bud looking like a desperate kept man who is living the directions of Turki. Boxing is frustrating as hell right now.

Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    *Ring activity matters.
    Both Fulton and Plant showed signs of rust. Fulton benefitted from being the PBC fighter on the cards. Romero and Lara's fights were awful. I was surprised Garcia quit off that left hand. Anyone who put money on a Canelo decision will be happy. The preliminaries were better than the main card.
    Punch resistance of Fulton looks like it may have dried up and both he and Plant were glaring examples of sabotaging themselves with inactivity and got sucked into wars. Albeit exciting and costly scraps.

Thread Information