Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

All’s well gents thanks we were actually in Biloxi at time and don’t usually sit up straight until they have an Alabama cone moving West. That thing built very fast. Florida took it right in the catchers mitt and probably the best place for it seeing aftermath.

Craziest shit this season is seeing first impact hurricane on the Mexico California boarder with family mite accustomed to rolling canyon fires and earthquakes. Mid season now, entire Gulf goes in 7day cycles of “checking the tropics”. Head on a swivel Tito it’ll be Fall and close to Thanksgiving in no time .

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    All’s well gents thanks we were actually in Biloxi at time and don’t usually sit up straight until they have an Alabama cone moving West. That thing built very fast. Florida took it right in the catchers mitt and probably the best place for it seeing aftermath.

Craziest shit this season is seeing first impact hurricane on the Mexico California boarder with family mite accustomed to rolling canyon fires and earthquakes. Mid season now, entire Gulf goes in 7day cycles of “checking the tropics”. Head on a swivel Tito it’ll be Fall and close to Thanksgiving in no time .

Can't come fast enough, my friend.

I should love September. It's the month of several family birthdays (wife, daughter, brother, late father). But DAMN... it's the month when these monsters take aim at Puerto Rico.

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey @Spicoli How's Debby treating you? I hope not too badly. The hurricane winds are bad enough. This is a slow-moving, torrential-rain-dropping system.

Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Hey @Spicoli How's Debby treating you? I hope not too badly. The hurricane winds are bad enough. This is a slow-moving, torrential-rain-dropping system.
    Bud I'm at the point where I just turn off the news until anything at all hits the Gulf . The hysteria and guess work and the red cones starts as soon as something comes off of Africa now. Guess that's par for the course with mass media these days. Debby took a pretty early curve north for us here so all good. Now we just wait for the next . Keep your head on a swivel in PR bud.

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn. Getting our ass kicked by Tropical Storm Ernesto. 5 am update should be coming up soon... but this shet feels like a hurricane already.

Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn. Getting our ass kicked by Tropical Storm Ernesto. 5 am update should be coming up soon... but this shet feels like a hurricane already.
    How are you holding up bud? Woke up this morning and saw it had kicked up to Cat 1 but thankfully took that northern route. Imagine powers out large scale at least Eastern PR, stay safe give us a shout when it settles.

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How are you holding up bud? Woke up this morning and saw it had kicked up to Cat 1 but thankfully took that northern route. Imagine powers out large scale at least Eastern PR, stay safe give us a shout when it settles.

Doing OK.

Yep. No power, and no telling for how long. Tired of this lousy infrastructure. Of course, the winds were higher than expected. Seemed like a Cat 1 even as it was brushing by us. I live on the northeastern point of the island. The best beaches, but a sweet spot for these damn systems.

At least it seems to be headed toward the middle of the Atlantic, so save for maybe Bermuda, it shouldn't hit anyone else.

Cringing because it's only August, and the really destructive hurricanes have always hit us in September.

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doing OK.

Yep. No power, and no telling for how long. Tired of this lousy infrastructure. Of course, the winds were higher than expected. Seemed like a Cat 1 even as it was brushing by us. I live on the northeastern point of the island. The best beaches, but a sweet spot for these damn systems.

At least it seems to be headed toward the middle of the Atlantic, so save for maybe Bermuda, it shouldn't hit anyone else.

Cringing because it's only August, and the really destructive hurricanes have always hit us in September.
    Stay safe Tito. The infrastructure has never fully recovered. Sounds familiar locally. On a sidenote we actually lost power twice in the last week because of "a mylar balloon hits power line" incident. Actual small birthday or funeral balloons that were released. We're all fecked . I think we're good for another 2 weeks storm wise and hopefully you guys dry out quick. Hurricane season can make you feel like you're living in bi weekly segments just waiting for the next shoe to drop. But we carry on. Best to the family bud.

Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ugly girl on my doorstep will be knocking in the morning. It figures that the name of my ex is Francin...close enough . Odd turn up this hurricane. Literally just popped up by mee-he-co but should stay a 1 or 2 . Should go by pretty quick.

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ugly girl on my doorstep will be knocking in the morning. It figures that the name of my ex is Francin...close enough . Odd turn up this hurricane. Literally just popped up by mee-he-co but should stay a 1 or 2 . Should go by pretty quick.

Hopefully it won't strengthen much and go by quickly. It's what you hope for with a hurricane. Stay safe, and hopefully not much damage over your way. September is sure living up to its reputation.

Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully it won't strengthen much and go by quickly. It's what you hope for with a hurricane. Stay safe, and hopefully not much damage over your way. September is sure living up to its reputation.
    Francine is an ugly twat and a cheater! But "Francine" is expected to landfall 5-6 pm locally . I actually watched three girls fight over a case of Vienna sausages tonight in Winn Dixie btw. Grocery shopping pre hurricane really says a lot about us.

Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, that was fun. Pretty interesting she turned into a Cat 2 not prior to landfall but afterwards . We're basically wetlands with 1001 water waters close so it makes sense. Rain was a mf bookoo flooding even on the Northshore. But winds didn't get bad until the dry backside. Just a very weird chopped up storm as it played out. Wiped out the palms out front and took a small flat bed of tiles off the roof but staying behind allowed us to actually bail the water that made it inside . Neighbor gardens were wiped over with wind but on the plus side now I have enough cilantro and roma tomatoes for months .

Thread Information