Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Canelo beats Benevidez.

Canelo could cement his legacy as the best Mexican fighter of his era but has refused to fight the best in his weight class.

All the experience that Canelo has its 70-30 in my eyes that he beats Benevidez anyway!

Why has the hardcore Canelo fans not shamed him for this?

Dragging up Khan, Charlo and potentially Crawford and running from an ultimate Mexican showdown in his own weightclass.

Losses to Floyd, Bivol, Lara and GGG1.

Is there anyone on here that can justifiably and honestly defend this behavior?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo beats Benevidez.

david b is a light heavyweight now
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Benevidez was forced to go up to light heavyweight and has said he would come down the weight to face Canelo so that can not be a real excuse.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Canelo could cement his legacy as the best Mexican fighter of his era but has refused to fight the best in his weight class.

All the experience that Canelo has its 70-30 in my eyes that he beats Benevidez anyway!

Dragging up Khan, Charlo and potentially Crawford and running from an ultimate Mexican showdown in his own weightclass.

I've asked those same questions for years. But I'm the forum avowed "Canelo hater", so it's considered biased.

I agree with everything, except your assessment of a potential Benavidez-Canelo match. I think Benavidez wins by KTFO. Canelo knows this, too. Which is why he has avoided David B like the plague.

Why have the hardcore Canelo fans not shamed him for this? Because they're precisely that... hardcore Canelo fans. They'll find an excuse for everything Canelo does and doesn't do. It's just like a famous someone in politics I won't name.

Is there anyone on here that can justifiably and honestly defend this behavior? Simply put... no. But that doesn't stop hardcore fans from trying to "justifiably and honestly defend." It's not honest at all... but that's what Canelo fandom is all about.

Social media is chockfull of criticism of Canelo and his career. Mexican fans included. They know the difference between a true Mexican champion, and Canelo.

Canelo's M.O. has ALWAYS been about dragging the likes of Khan, Charlo, and potentially Crawford up to his weight, where he has all the advantages.

Canelo is the ultimate deck stacker, where he doesn't take a fight unless everything is stacked in his favor. HIS home turf... HIS judges... HIS terms... HIS catchweight... HIS time...

Yes. He DID lose to all those fighters you mentioned. Problem is... with Floyd and Bivol... the beating was so one-sided, not even his bought judges dared rob the winners of their victories.

Can't wait till he retires.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

The fight is gone for good IMO, but if it did and Canelo did beat him as you say, serious question, would you give him some respect then?
    No way on earth am I a Canelo fan boy, and I think a Benavidez fight at this stage of Canelo’s career is a 60-40 fight in Benavidez’s favour.
    But if Canelo did win, I would have to give him props.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Canelo's M.O. has ALWAYS been
    sigh
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Benevidez was forced to go up to light heavyweight and has said he would come down the weight to face Canelo so that can not be a real excuse.
    who forced him if he can come back down?

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

C'mon TIC. You know better than that. Who forced him? Who do you think? Did you expect Benavidez to grow roots waiting on Canelo? No... he had to move on with his career. Canelo waited him out, and he "won." David got tired of waiting and moved on. This isn't rocket science. Benavidez did everything but go to Canelo's house and grab him by the scruff of the neck, to force him to fight him.

Canelo ducked Benavidez shamelessly, knowing full well his loyal fans will forgive and find an excuse for everything.

Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just a shame he never displayed the same confidence and willingness to do so. King "Undisputed" couldn't even clean out the very best in his own division, just wait them out to boredom and then go on with facing his glorified showcases and now flip flop on facing a clearly weight maxed Jr middleweight. Meanwhile Benavidez stands in to next face the man who clowned Canelo like a tetherball, or the man who beats him. Unless fans are reading Canelo coloring books and star gazing at his poster on their ceiling, this will go down as a clear and undeniable duck at 168.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

Who forced him? Who do you think? David got tired of waiting and moved on. Benavidez did everything but go to Canelo's house and grab him by the scruff of the neck, to force him to fight him.
    master said "has said he would come down the weight to face Canelo" that doesn't sound like he was forced to move up. that also doesn't sound like david has moved on. and david b didn't do everything to force canelo to fight him. when given the opportunity to choose to keep either his wbc light heavy interim or his wbc super middle interim belt he chose light heavy, instead of the super middle & trying to get his mandatory ordered, he would of course have to get in line behind william scull who canelo just vacated the ibf belt for & edgar who canelo is facing next. david should have been more disciplined & professional & not lost his belt twice, then he might have held a belt when canelo decided to move to super middle to unify. if david had of been a professional he could have tried to unify another belt or two before canelo came back to super middle in twenty twenty. after canelo's amazing run to fully unify in eleven months against three unbeaten champions he thought he'd take one last challenge against dmitry before easing into his retirement as his hall of fame career was firmly already secured

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So David should have tried harder to win a title before Canelo.conquered the division to have secured a fight with Alvarez? I am sure Saul was saying at the time he would not face a Mexican fighter. I am sure it would not have happened regardless of what David Benevidez did.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no david b should have been a disciplined professional & not lost his belt twice & he might have been in the mix when canelo moved back to super middle to go on his undisputed run. instead of blowing weight & using coke he could have been trying to unify. none of those champions were fighting each other

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So David should have tried harder to win a title before Canelo.conquered the division to have secured a fight with Alvarez? I am sure Saul was saying at the time he would not face a Mexican fighter. I am sure it would not have happened regardless of what David Benevidez did.

Canelo came up with that bullshit excuse to avoid fighting guys like Benavidez. (Then again... he fought JCC Jr. and Munguia). Fanboys won't see that... because again, they excuse everything Ginger says and does.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

before Canelo.conquered the division? I am sure Saul was saying at the time he would not face a Mexican fighter.
    can you show a source or canelo himself saying that before he conquered the division? i'll wait

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He said it.
    End of story.

Thread Information