Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Euro 2024

Well that was utter dogshite wasn't it. Saka again probably our best player? Foden a couple of moments. Bellingham pretty redundant. Trent again a liability. It was as poor a game of football from us as I've ever seen. It's got to be Bellingham at 8 and Foden at 10. I'm not sure that one switch fixes our problems but it's got to be done. Who has Cole Palmer upset by the way?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tremendously exciting match between Spain and Italy.

TBH, though... it should've been 10-0.

Spain played rings around Italy for most of the match.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Copa America began over here. Right now it's Argentina vs Canada. So between Euro and Copa America I'm getting my fill.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolutely awful.

None of the players doing what they do week in week out for their clubs etc. Sloppy, no energy and looking clueless. Was like watching the so called golden generation a few years ago.

The only positive is we're still top of the group.

A few months ago we dominated Italy and I couldn't believe what I was seeing from an England team. Was like watching man city at their peak. Gone backwards since then.

The only positive is we're still top
    Last edited by Mark TKO; 06-21-2024 at 04:15 PM.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Players could not put any meaningful passes together, lost the ball unnecessarily and made little penetrative runs to attack their opposition.

The ground was breaking up and it was hot are not good excuses.

Drop Trent, play Bellingham deeper in midfield, Foden central and Palmer left. Get Shaw fit quickly and we can come good. Give Kane 60 minutes and put Watkins on.

Do not want to play Germany if we get out of the group stages.

Go out attacking like Turkey and Germany.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ordinarily, you let the dust settle on a problem and it's not so bad is it. The initial sting has gone and you can be a bit more pragmatic about it. If anything, the problems for England appear to be mounting.

OK, we're two games in, 4 points, top of the group and if we don't lose to Slovenia we'll go through, probably top I think. Things aren't terminal. And we have time.

That said. The players aren't fit enough to press high enough up the pitch? We haven't found a replacement for Kalvin Phillips? I like Kalvin Phillips. Bad move going to City. But in an England shirt I see him like I do McGuire. I don't think I've ever felt let down by him, always does a good job. But is he that good? Trent has had his wish granted. He's playing in the middle of the pitch because of his creativity and passing. His passing has been woeful. Kane as far as I was aware was bomb proof. Now all of a sudden he's not doing his job properly, isn't fit and his position is under threat? OK, it isn't. He might not see out the 90, but Gareth isn't going to drop him. Luke Shaw is the answer to our problems. A naturally left sided defender. But he's not fit. Foden, although slightly improved is still finding it tough to impact a game. Bellingham was like a Rolls Royce against Serbia. He literally cruised all over the pitch doing pretty much what he wanted. I've never seen someones performance fall off a cliff like his. I don't think I've ever, and I mean ever watched a game of football before where every player was so bad. It was absolutely shocking.

I think Trent's race is run as a starter. I can see a roll for him as a sub, maybe later in the game when things are stretched with Watkins up top. Then there's an outlet for his passing, especially if Saka is still on. Who's he passing to at the minute? Bellingham has to drop in to 8, Foden in to 10. Palmer on the left. If Shaw is fit, get him in to open up the pitch and even out the threat down both wings.

England rant over.

Why the fuck was Mbappe on the bench? Precaution because he had a nose bleed a few days ago? Bless. I was waiting for him to come on to a heroes reception with 10 minutes to go and bag a winner. Such bravery. And why the fuck was the BBC commentator insisting on mispronouncing players names? Gree-ezzz-man? The fucks that all about? I understood it a few years ago when they ever so slightly changed the way they pronounced Stephan Kuntz. But this seemed arbitrary.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Italy were very very lucky to survive and go through with the last minute equaliser Primo!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep they'll be dangerous now.

Spain, Germany and Portugal I guess standing out but nothing spectacular as yet from anyone.

I'm not expecting much tonight and dreading watching us in a knockout game.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Italy were very very lucky to survive and go through with the last minute equaliser Primo!
    Lucky to get the equaliser, but they deserved it. But necessarily lucky to go through. Even if they’d lost, there was a fair chance of qualifying.
    To be honest, I’m not expecting much, and a quarter final with England is a possibility on the horizon.
    All that means is that a crap team would get to the semi, whether that be England or Italy.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kane looks about 60% to me. He's lost faith in Trent, so part of me wants Gallagher to get a yellow and miss the next round. Maybe Gareth's hand can be forced into playing the formation everyone but him thinks we should play. Foden is playing well and trying to lead the fight. Pleased for him.

We've improved. We've gone from utter shite to ordinary.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two games in Group C. Four teams... 180 combined minutes... zero goals. Damn, that was gut-wrenching.

Gonna watch Argentina-Chile now, and kind of hoping for at least one goal.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched almost all of the England game and what a great game to pick to watch after all these years. So many players who looked worn out and/or scared to death to be playing. Like watching England teams of old. Southgate might have well as made wholesale changes at half time and given people like Cole a proper look. They might have been even worse and we lost the game but so what, we're going to get beat by the first decent team we play anyway. Might as well get it over with. There's been more action in five minutes of tonight's Yankees Mets game than in England's three games.

At least we've got the Scotch to laugh at. Typical Jocks, get thumped in the first game, do a little better and give the fans hope then fuck it up in the final game. I'm old enought to remember watching them get thumped three one by Peru.

Antonio Rudiger, the German defender who scored an own goal in their first game is now Scotland's joint top scorer in tournament football in the last forty two years. The squad is the oldest at these championships too and they have nobody coming through. Will probably be a quarter of a century before they manage to qualify for anything again.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched the first half of Argentina-Chile and although it's 0-0... there's been a hell of a lot of good action. A lot different than the two games in Group C of the EuroCup today.

Going to bed and will record the second half.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Painful again. We've gone backwards.

You know part of me just wants us knocked out of this tournament to end the suffering.

Could win ugly I suppose like Portugal in 2016 and Greece in 04....

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Players are not pressing high enough, lack conviction, quality play is minimal, too many basic errors, relying on set pieces, can not keep the ball.

This takes me back to the bad old days when we did not have Southgate. He has raised our expectations and they are not delivering.

Wonder who we play Sunday?

Thread Information