Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is next for Canelo?

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It must do a number on Buds head to have billionaires clamor for a fight the 'star' has already outright dismissed. Then again, Canelo hasn't come close to dismissing a Scull gimme. Calling it...Berlanga in Sept and the talk will be "at least it's not Scull or Charlo". The bar lowers itself at this point.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why's it a circus fight?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Berlanga in Sept and the talk will be "at least it's not Scull or Charlo". The bar lowers itself at this point.
    i'd take william over edgar. it's funny the double standards. frank martin is considered a good opponent for tank but jaime & william are brushed off for canelo
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It must do a number on Buds head to have billionaires clamor for a fight the 'star' has already outright dismissed. Then again, Canelo hasn't come close to dismissing a Scull gimme. Calling it...Berlanga in Sept and the talk will be "at least it's not Scull or Charlo". The bar lowers itself at this point.

Yeah, I'd put money on that. Berlanga checks all the right boxes for Team Canelo. With the added bonus that he's a true 168-pounder. Being Puerto Rican is the icing on the cake. It's a no-brainer for me. This one just fell into Canelo's lap. After Berlanga, the possibility of Crawford looms large. Canelo had at one point said he'd only fight Bud at 168. But I'm sure the whispers in his ear probably warned him against public opinion on that one... and it seems Canelo might even decide to "sacrifice" himself and drop to 160. Of course, rehydration would take care of that particular issue... and we'd have yet another instance of Canelo fighting a much smaller fighter, when he practically ignored the one 168-pounder that was ready and willing, and would've knocked the red out of Ginger's hair.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Berlanga in Sept and the talk will be "at least it's not Scull or Charlo". The bar lowers itself at this point.
    i'd take william over edgar. it's funny the double standards. frank martin is considered a good opponent for tank but jaime & william are brushed off for canelo
    That's what they're counting on. A fanboy choice between two terrible options is actually not having a choice at all. I enjoy a good steak as much as the next guy but I'm not going to stick my head up a bull's ass for a high price nibble and pretend it's fine dining . It's gar'bage that they're even in the conversation for Canelo.

Think I said the Munguia fight would be a "fun fight" was "a good match (for what Canelos willing to face)" and "pretty solid" once announced...So I don't know of double standards you speak of. Feel free to scroll back. Shoot, I was ten times more critical of the predictable Charlo circus blow out than I was any Munguia fight. That was his pass to get to a more serious fight.

Both Berlanga and Scull have been 'positioned'. They've done nothing. At all. But Berlanga has the local familiarity if only for all the wrong reasons and old school PR v Mexico rivalry sells. And he's also very beatable which perks up the ears of retirement tour Canelo. I'm half expecting him to ride a golf cart to the ring for his fight intro.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    That's what they're counting on. A fanboy choice between two terrible options is actually not having a choice at all. I enjoy a good steak as much as the next guy but I'm not going to stick my head up a bull's ass for a high price nibble and pretend it's fine dining . It's gar'bage that they're even in the conversation for Canelo.

Think I said the Munguia fight would be a "fun fight" was "a good match (for what Canelos willing to face)" and "pretty solid" once announced...So I don't know of double standards you speak of. Feel free to scroll back. Shoot, I was ten times more critical of the predictable Charlo circus blow out than I was any Munguia fight. That was his pass to get to a more serious fight.

Both Berlanga and Scull have been 'positioned'. They've done nothing. At all. But Berlanga has the local familiarity if only for all the wrong reasons and old school PR v Mexico rivalry sells. And he's also very beatable which perks up the ears of retirement tour Canelo. I'm half expecting him to ride a golf cart to the ring for his fight intro.
    the double standards weren't aimed at you directly just in general. frank was being talked about as one of tanks toughest opponents. i'd still take william over edgar

Thread Information