Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ben Whittaker

Thus far the best sum up of Whittaker comes from Whittaker himself..."TikTok seems to like what I'm doing so I'm doing it". Any idea on the nature of his hand injury? Wonder if flailing around off ballerina poses rather than lining up proper clean shots played a part. Oddly enough he's fighting for a minor ibf trinket next.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Thus far the best sum up of Whittaker comes from Whittaker himself..."TikTok seems to like what I'm doing so I'm doing it". Any idea on the nature of his hand injury? Wonder if flailing around off ballerina poses rather than lining up proper clean shots played a part. Oddly enough he's fighting for a minor ibf trinket next.
    I watched a interview where Ben said he does not want to end up like Broner and will focus on boxing. The social media is something boxers have to do these days to raise their profile.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2 million followers on Instagram. He's doing something right
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the interview where he trains at a Wolverhampton working mans club. Very interesting interview and he is a sensible and considerate individual.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ben came in overweight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got a little bit heated at the weigh in.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seen some hate for Ben on social media because of his antics.

I don't know why. I actually like the guy. He's good enough to pull off some of those things, and it's not like he's fouling or anything. Saw one fight where the ref was doing everything possible to stop Ben from expressing himself, mostly within the rules.

Anyway... no telling just how good he can actually be, as it's still a little early in his career. I wish him well, though.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is a lot of hate for Ben but he really is humble and very sensible.

Yes he has a long way to go but hating someone for expressing themselves and trying to entertain should not be criticised.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    There is a lot of hate for Ben but he really is humble and very sensible.

Yes he has a long way to go but hating someone for expressing themselves and trying to entertain should not be criticised.
    Hate is a strong word and anyone who hates a pro boxer for nearly whatever reason is a wanker.
    But I have a problem with “trying to entertain.” Some of his antics aren’t entertaining.
    If I watch a boxing match , I want to be entertained by their Boxing .
    And if “fans” are happy to watch him showboat rather than someone getting on with the business of winning the fight, then they’re more into the show than the sport.
    The other thing is that he got tagged on the chin plenty in his last fight while he was fucking about. The positive side of that is that it looks like he has a decent chin.
    But he doesn’t want to be showing that too much.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    Don't think we should be comparing Whittaker to Ali. On a boxing level he's done nothing in comparison to Ali.

But on a social level Ali spoke up for black ppl in America and blk ppl worldwide.

Whittaker ain't speaking about out the plight of blk british people, even though most blk brits live in the mud and haven't got a biscuit and the only time you generally see a black man working in the UK is if he's

1. 1. Security guard at the Aldi, Tesco or at some store "you know ur big n ur blk ain't ya ?....and well u guys are kinda ugly, so you can be a bouncer or work security"
    2. 2. Or if a ur a young blk African you can ride a bike for Uber Eats for minimum wage with unsociable hours

He ain't gonna talk like that. Whittaker ain't gonna talk about the 700 blk Africans migrants (men n women and children) who the spanish just allowed to drown a few yrs bk ....if they were white they would not have allowed them to drown.

And I say that, because even though he might think it, he will be like most black sportsmans and say the right thing and got out of his way to not really upset white ppl. Whittaker speaks ? Sky sports - Shalom, British Boxing Board will be threatening to slap him down. That in a way is how racism protects itself, by creating a system that blk ppl depend on.

And to be honest in the press conference I didn't like the way Whittaker was taken the mick with his next opponent (A black Nigerian boxer) about how he can't understand him (when he was easy to understand) and how he watched "Coming To America". Not funny Ben. I bet he can speak English better than you can speak his language.
    Most black Brits live in the mud and haven't got a biscuit? 😳😳😳 Is that what you wrote?

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nearly finished him in the last round

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nearly got him. i see ben struggling against better opponents
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nearly isn't good enough.

Could come unstuck very soon as he steps up.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know it's early doors and I want to be wrong, but Whittaker strikes me as all sizzle, no steak. He's a burger, from a tin, and the sizzle got boring a few fights ago.

OK, bit harsh. He's got some skills, some good skills. But he's labouring to a points win over a bloke that understands a few bits and pieces, but doesn't actually know how to box. The commentary was terrible. Maybe he wants the ten rounds. He did it in second gear. Lies. He hurt him a couple of times for sure, but he couldn't get him out of there despite trying.

If he wants to be a social media boxer, go a tear shit up in Misfits. He'd be a massive hit. This is proper boxing. He should focus on being a proper boxer. Step off the beaten path for sure. But keep it in sight.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    Don't think we should be comparing Whittaker to Ali. On a boxing level he's done nothing in comparison to Ali.

But on a social level Ali spoke up for black ppl in America and blk ppl worldwide.

Whittaker ain't speaking about out the plight of blk british people, even though most blk brits live in the mud and haven't got a biscuit and the only time you generally see a black man working in the UK is if he's

1. 1. Security guard at the Aldi, Tesco or at some store "you know ur big n ur blk ain't ya ?....and well u guys are kinda ugly, so you can be a bouncer or work security"
    2. 2. Or if a ur a young blk African you can ride a bike for Uber Eats for minimum wage with unsociable hours

He ain't gonna talk like that. Whittaker ain't gonna talk about the 700 blk Africans migrants (men n women and children) who the spanish just allowed to drown a few yrs bk ....if they were white they would not have allowed them to drown.

And I say that, because even though he might think it, he will be like most black sportsmans and say the right thing and got out of his way to not really upset white ppl. Whittaker speaks ? Sky sports - Shalom, British Boxing Board will be threatening to slap him down. That in a way is how racism protects itself, by creating a system that blk ppl depend on.

And to be honest in the press conference I didn't like the way Whittaker was taken the mick with his next opponent (A black Nigerian boxer) about how he can't understand him (when he was easy to understand) and how he watched "Coming To America". Not funny Ben. I bet he can speak English better than you can speak his language.
    I’m with you on the last paragraph. The rest of your post is an absolute pile of crap.
    I’m the first to admit, the U.K. ain’t perfect when it comes to racism, and there is still a long way to go.
    But your view of where it all stands doesn’t help one bit.
    This “2 Jobs schtick” is tiresome and smacks of a whole bag of Mcains on your shoulder. Total bullshit pal.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information