Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is next for Canelo?

one. the rephrased question did not mention canelo at all. it was about if you thought it was reasonable for a fighter to dropped close to 20 pounds

two. i wasn't comparing other fighters to canelo, they were mentioned to show that dropping that amount of weight is something that has been done throughout the sports history

three. the rephrased question was about if you thought it was reasonable for a fighter to drop around 20 pounds, again nothing about canelo

you seem to think it's unreasonable & i think it's reasonable if the fighter thinks it's in their best interests. we can agree to disagree

when you mention fighters jumping over divisions i assume you're referring to canelo looking heavier than light heavy? remember canelo offered dmitry the same terms for the rematch & dmitry turned the fight down so canelo went looking elsewhere & ended up fulfilling a mandatory

there's several different discussions here, one about if it is reasonable for a fighter to drop around 20 pounds & another about if it's reasonable for a fighter who started at jr welter & is currently already in his fifth weight division to propose that a fighter who started at light heavy & held a 32 pound weight advantage from their previous fights to drop 20 pounds. you don't think either are reasonable, i think both are reasonable. we can agree to disagree
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This sounds like the old Mayweather fan vs hater discussions.

Usually someone got emo hurt because Mayweather schooled their favourite fighter and the pages and pages of arguments in the end meant nothing. Part and parcel of successful greats in boxing is due to the political chess involved with timing, management and deal making.

You cant knock Canelos achievements no more than you can knock Mayweather's. In the ring Canelo is a class act. Deny if you will but I choose to focus on the fight in front of me and the way an operator works the ring. Very entertaining.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    one. the rephrased question did not mention canelo at all. it was about if you thought it was reasonable for a fighter to dropped close to 20 pounds

two. i wasn't comparing other fighters to canelo, they were mentioned to show that dropping that amount of weight is something that has been done throughout the sports history

three. the rephrased question was about if you thought it was reasonable for a fighter to drop around 20 pounds, again nothing about canelo

you seem to think it's unreasonable & i think it's reasonable if the fighter thinks it's in their best interests. we can agree to disagree

when you mention fighters jumping over divisions i assume you're referring to canelo looking heavier than light heavy? remember canelo offered dmitry the same terms for the rematch & dmitry turned the fight down so canelo went looking elsewhere & ended up fulfilling a mandatory

there's several different discussions here, one about if it is reasonable for a fighter to drop around 20 pounds & another about if it's reasonable for a fighter who started at jr welter & is currently already in his fifth weight division to propose that a fighter who started at light heavy & held a 32 pound weight advantage from their previous fights to drop 20 pounds. you don't think either are reasonable, i think both are reasonable. we can agree to disagree

Your #1 and your #3 are exactly the same, word for word. Just thought I'd point that out.

Yeah. Bivol turned it down. He basically said "been there done that." "Now I want to kick your ass at 168." Canelo declined. Good on Bivol for not letting Canelo dictate the rules of the game. So the thorn remains in Canelo's side. Forever.

Beterbiev was at 175 also. Why didn't Canelo go after him? Easy. Canelo knew Artur would rip him a new one. So he went chasing unicorns at cruiserweight instead. (Note: Please don't get hung on my use of the word "unicorn." Just a figure of speech).

Apparently Ilunga wasn't available. So he made his shameful offer to Badou. Remember, he had gotten his ass kicked at 175 by Bivol. If he couldn't beat Bivol, and wasn't willing to try Beterbiev... why make an ass of yourself and try to drain a cruiserweight? Cause that's how Canelo operates.

I guess we can agree to disagree on a lot of things.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post

Usually someone got emo hurt because Mayweather schooled their favourite fighter and the pages and pages of arguments in the end meant nothing. Part and parcel of successful greats in boxing is due to the political chess involved with timing, management and deal making.

You cant knock Canelos achievements no more than you can knock Mayweather's. In the ring Canelo is a class act. Deny if you will but I choose to focus on the fight in front of me and the way an operator works the ring. Very entertaining.
    Once Canelo is in the ring, he's entertaining. No doubt about that. He's got a fan-friendly style.

My beef with Canelo has always been what occurs outside the ring. I've been explicit about all my beefs, so there's no need to repeat them.

I'm thankful for this discussion with TIC, though. It used to be that my hating on Canelo was viewed by some as me not liking Mexicans fighters. Which of course is ridiculous, since I'm a huge fan of more than a few past Mexicans champions.

My anti-Canelo arguments could be readily countered by the opinions of others, since after all boxing fandom boils down to opinions and perceptions.

But this defense of Canelo wanting to fight for a "cruiserweight" title, at the expense of wanting to weight drain a Badou Jack who was just going about his business and probably doesn't give three shits about Canelo... while also instituting his usual diva rehydration clauses...

I'm honestly thankful that a Canelo fan is trying to defend and justify this ridiculous travesty. All it does is put a magnifying glass on the whole thing, and points out just how Canelo views trinkets.

He's got no intention of staying at cruiser, just like he's never had any intention of staying at 175. He just wants to collect meaningless, artificially achieved weight titles... so he can crow about being a champion at all these weights.

I wouldn't put it past Canelo to reach out to a weak HW champ... drain the crap out of him to some ridiculous catchweight.... and then have the nerve to call himself a heavyweight champion.

I've got no use for the ginger-haired diva... and the sooner he goes away the better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's just a bit of boxing banter. it doesn't really mean anything but gives us something to discuss at times
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Your #1 and your #3 are exactly the same, word for word. Just thought I'd point that out.

Yeah. Bivol turned it down. He basically said "been there done that." "Now I want to kick your ass at 168." Canelo declined. Good on Bivol for not letting Canelo dictate the rules of the game. So the thorn remains in Canelo's side. Forever.

Beterbiev was at 175 also. Why didn't Canelo go after him? Easy. Canelo knew Artur would rip him a new one. So he went chasing unicorns at cruiserweight instead. (Note: Please don't get hung on my use of the word "unicorn." Just a figure of speech).

Apparently Ilunga wasn't available. So he made his shameful offer to Badou. Remember, he had gotten his ass kicked at 175 by Bivol. If he couldn't beat Bivol, and wasn't willing to try Beterbiev... why make an ass of yourself and try to drain a cruiserweight? Cause that's how Canelo operates.

I guess we can agree to disagree on a lot of things.
    one & three aren't word for word & they're there to highlight that the rephrased question wasn't about canelo

what offer did dmitry's team send canelo for a fight at super middle again? only dmitry turned down an offer

artur was at light heavy. i'm not going to lie that's a tough fight. my question would be why would you want the smaller man canelo to fight artur before dmitry did? artur & dmitry have been champions at light heavy for how long now? i can't fault canelo for not fighting artur when many other champions in the same division haven't

ilunga was the original target but he had a mandatory to fulfill, so don king got that done quick smart, unfortunately canelo had moved on, he then came back to badou after his victory. what weight division is 180 in again? the cruiserweight limit also used to be 190 & the wbc was going to reduce it back down due to their bridgerweight division but they haven't enforced that up to this time

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But this defense of Canelo wanting to fight for a "cruiserweight" title, at the expense of wanting to weight drain a Badou Jack who was just going about his business and probably doesn't give three shits about Canelo... while also instituting his usual diva rehydration clauses...

I'm honestly thankful that a Canelo fan is trying to defend and justify this ridiculous travesty. All it does is put a magnifying glass on the whole thing, and points out just how Canelo views trinkets.

He's got no intention of staying at cruiser, just like he's never had any intention of staying at 175. He just wants to collect meaningless, artificially achieved weight titles... so he can crow about being a champion at all these weights.

I wouldn't put it past Canelo to reach out to a weak HW champ... drain the crap out of him to some ridiculous catchweight.... and then have the nerve to call himself a heavyweight champion.
    what weight division would a fight at 180 be in? i see nothing wrong with a smaller fighter proposing a guy who weighed 32 pounds more in his previous fight to drop 20 pounds. canelo was going to come up 12 pounds. if badou countered maybe they could have meet in the middle

trinkets are worthless to us but they hold some sway in the sport. adrien broner can always fall back on being a four division champion for example. the title didn't matter to me but canelo challenging a guy at 180 intrigued me

bring on manuel charr, i'd watch canelo fight him & whatever we may think of trinkets it'll be recorded by history

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what offer did dmitry's team send canelo for a fight at super middle again? only dmitry turned down an offer
    B.S. It is well documented that Canelo wanted another shot at 175, while Bivol said he'd only fight him again at 168. I guess Canelo wanted to get that embarrassment off his record, while Bivol wanted to prove he could kick Canelo's ass at any weight. It didn't happen. Case closed.

artur was at light heavy. i'm not going to lie that's a tough fight. my question would be why would you want the smaller man canelo to fight artur before dmitry did?
    Why not? Presumably Canelo is the guy who wants all the challenges. Why avoid Beterbiev like the plague (like he's doing with Benavidez now), and yet target bigger guys at cruiserweight?

Cherry-Picking 101: Prof. Alvarez

ilunga was the original target but he had a mandatory to fulfill, so don king got that done quick smart, unfortunately canelo had moved on, he then came back to badou after his victory. what weight division is 180 in again? the cruiserweight limit also used to be 190 & the wbc was going to reduce it back down due to their bridgerweight division but they haven't enforced that up to this time

This is all so freaking desperate. LMFAO. It doesn't MATTER what weight division 180 is in. It doesn't MATTER that cruiserweight used to be 190. I don't GIVE a damn about the bridgerweight division. All your verbal gymnastics can't get Canelo off the hook for being a little bitch and selectively pick out non-threatening targets to collect his meaningless trinkets.

But please continue. This is the most fun I've had raking Canelo over the coals since I've been here.

what weight division would a fight at 180 be in? i see nothing wrong with a smaller fighter proposing a guy who weighed 32 pounds more in his previous fight to drop 20 pounds. canelo was going to come up 12 pounds. if badou countered maybe they could have meet in the middle

trinkets are worthless to us but they hold some sway in the sport. adrien broner can always fall back on being a four division champion for example. the title didn't matter to me but canelo challenging a guy at 180 intrigued me

bring on manuel charr, i'd watch canelo fight him & whatever we may think of trinkets it'll be recorded by history

The bolded part still applies.

The whole thing is embarrassing. LMFAO

Canelo has made a frigging bitch ass clown of himself by asking a 200-pound cruiserweight (who honestly has ZERO interest in fighting Canelo) to drain himself to 180 (with rehydration clauses, of course), so they can fight for a BOGUS cruiserweight title. A title Canelo would have NO INTENTIONS of defending against a full-sized cruiser who weighed in at 200 and rehydrated a few pounds over that.

The redheaded bitch does not BELONG at cruiser!!! Hell... he got his ass kicked at 175. Be content with your 168 titles and STFU, for crying out loud. He does all these weight gymnastics, and STILL MANAGES TO AVOID THE 168-POUND ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!!!!! Until the elephant got tired of waiting for the bitch and moved on.

THAT... will be part of Ginger's legacy when he's gone. A cherry-picking, trinket-grabbing coward.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Cinnamon kid is a great and will be a Legend within the boxing hall of fame!

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Purse bid for Scull delayed for the second time . Maybe Scull is just playing hard ball for the step aside. Right? Surely. The fan in me clings to desperate vanishing hope that Canelo...and his people working the opposite corner...are just waiting to see how Benavidez fight plays out this Saturday. The man just won't commit to much now will he. Just doesn't have it in him.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

B.S. It is well documented that Canelo wanted another shot at 175, while Bivol said he'd only fight him again at 168. I guess Canelo wanted to get that embarrassment off his record, while Bivol wanted to prove he could kick Canelo's ass at any weight. It didn't happen. Case closed.

artur was at light heavy. i'm not going to lie that's a tough fight. my question would be why would you want the smaller man canelo to fight artur before dmitry did?
    Why not? Presumably Canelo is the guy who wants all the challenges. Why avoid Beterbiev like the plague (like he's doing with Benavidez now), and yet target bigger guys at cruiserweight?

This is all so freaking desperate. LMFAO. It doesn't MATTER what weight division 180 is in. It doesn't MATTER that cruiserweight used to be 190. I don't GIVE a damn about the bridgerweight division. All your verbal gymnastics can't get Canelo off the hook for being a little bitch and selectively pick out non-threatening targets to collect his meaningless trinkets.

But please continue. This is the most fun I've had raking Canelo over the coals since I've been here.

Canelo has made a frigging bitch ass clown of himself by asking a 200-pound cruiserweight (who honestly has ZERO interest in fighting Canelo) to drain himself to 180 (with rehydration clauses, of course), so they can fight for a BOGUS cruiserweight title. A title Canelo would have NO INTENTIONS of defending against a full-sized cruiser who weighed in at 200 and rehydrated a few pounds over that.

The redheaded bitch does not BELONG at cruiser!!! Hell... he got his ass kicked at 175. Be content with your 168 titles and STFU, for crying out loud. He does all these weight gymnastics, and STILL MANAGES TO AVOID THE 168-POUND ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!!!!! Until the elephant got tired of waiting for the bitch and moved on.

THAT... will be part of Ginger's legacy when he's gone. A cherry-picking, trinket-grabbing coward.
    I'm still deciding between "bitch ass clown" and "red-headed bitch" for the best description of the cherry picking Beef-Taintin' Clenbuteral.

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

I'm still deciding between "bitch ass clown" and "red-headed bitch" for the best description of the cherry picking Beef-Taintin' Clenbuteral.

Sounds quite a bit like Fury
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so no offer from dmitry’s team for a fight at super middle? canelo offered same terms, dmitry turned down the offer

artur & amitry along with other light heavies should have been fighting each other before canelo needs to. if you’re claiming canelo ducked artur then dmitry has up to this point as well

it does matter what weight division 180 is in because you keep bringing up the meaningless trinket. still waiting for your answer

i was just pointing out that the cruiserweight limit used to be 190 & the wbc had planned to reduce in back when they introduced their bridgerweight division. badou may be non-threatening to you but he has always been in fun fights for me & he earned his trinket in the ring, a trinket that would be on the line because what weight division is 180 in again?

you may consider the title to be bogus but it would be fought for within the division weight limits. who said canelo had intentions to defend it? other fighters haven’t intended to defend titles before, this is nothing new

you seem overly emotional. he’s just a boxer. go outside & get some sun & fresh air. you are one of these guys that says it’s unfair for jermell to move up 14 pounds to fight canelo saying it’s too much but then complaining when canelo proposes to move up 12 pounds when already in his fifth weight division against a guy that was 32 pounds heavier than him in their previous fights

since you see no issue with canelo fighting someone 32 pounds above him, you should have no issues with terence crawford moving straight up from welter to fight canelo at super middle or for naoya inoue to move up from super bantam to fight tank at lightweight. no double standards now

canelo will be a first ballot hall of famer. fact

one other question I would ask you. do you consider dmitry a pound for pound top ten guy currently?

Thread Information