Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
fwiw it is a criminally under discussed issue in America (don't want to sound like I'm blaming Black people for this but the civil rights issue was such a big deal that I think its overshadowed the Native American situation which is unfortunate) but Miles' hypocrisy seems to know no bounds.
Agreed 100%.

It's the same thing here. I admittedly only really know about the plight of Canadian First Nations people (our 'Native Canadians'), how is contemporary life for Native Americans?

Here in the north the destruction of indigenous ways of life was stated public policy (under the guise of 'assimilation') for decades and we continue to exert colonial rule over them and force them to live in 3rd world conditions...

I've heard experts on the subject make compelling arguments that Canada is at least half a century behind the States in terms of how we treat our indigenous people.
Any time there is any story where the word "native" comes up in our local online paper, the ugly face of our city's racist jumps into overdrive. I will link you to it some day CFH, to read our general populations thoughts on it. They don't even try to hide it in wit or sarcasm. I think it actually is a better barometer being online then face to face, to see what is truly in people's hearts.