Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Not convinced GGG beats Froch or Ward

Seriously think Froch should consider this fight. Monroe did well enough but imagine a 168 fighter who has stamina and can take a punch and dish it back on? Think it has everything to make it such a good fight though. Well done GGG, he looked good again against somebody I've never heard of, to give Monroe credit he wasn't bad.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Not convinced GGG beats Froch or Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Seriously think Froch should consider this fight. Monroe did well enough but imagine a 168 fighter who has stamina and can take a punch and dish it back on? Think it has everything to make it such a good fight though. Well done GGG, he looked good again against somebody I've never heard of, to give Monroe credit he wasn't bad.
    Agree 100%. I don't think GGG has really been tested against a top notice fighter. Froch or Ward may be too much for him over 12 fast pace rounds.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward's style would trouble him a great deal. But I think he smashes Froch. Froch is 37. Soon to be 38. He is not only on the decline but he already has his eye on retirement. Not the mentality a fighter should have going into a Golvtkin fight

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto and Alvarez are going to do their level best to avoid Golovkin. Ward isn't a big money fight in the States for Golovkin. If Golovkin wants a big payday anytime soon then he has to come to England and do Sky PPV.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Cotto and Alvarez are going to do their level best to avoid Golovkin. Ward isn't a big money fight in the States for Golovkin. If Golovkin wants a big payday anytime soon then he has to come to England and do Sky PPV.
    How is "big money fight" a concern for a guy who hasn't done a PPV? All he should care about is will HBO pay for it. Don't do the ducking for GGG, he's a great fighter he can handle himself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I give ggg absolutely no chance against ward and with froch I would think froch would be the slight favourite

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no problem with GGG fighting Ward or Froch, but they clearly have a problem fighting him! When Ward beats Smith , let's see who he's linked with, because he didn't want to know about GGG , and after the length of time he's been out , that's fair enough I suppose , but Ward shouldn't mention him.
    As for Froch, he doesn't want anything of GGG, Infact he doesn't really want anyone apart from Chavez! For me, Ward at anywhere near his best, beats GGG , but Froch loses badly.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the trouble with Froch is that he simply didn't look very good against Groves either time and he has been inactive since then and in brawler terms is fairly ancient. If GGG simply tries to fight smart rather then I think he should beat Froch. He was having a laugh today knowing he could eat punches from Monroe. Ward would perhaps be tougher stylistically, but Ward is even more inactive. GGG has no big names, but he knows how to stay busy and

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

.....fight.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG did he let Monroe off the hook, maybe so Monroe was slick and tough a very good boxer,
    in fact Froch for his part may want a good last pay day,! but at what price.
    Ward may just be good enough to beat GGG, but he has been inactive for some time so we can
    only guess.
    What ever the out come who ever GGG fights, it a very hard fight the opponents have on there
    hands.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm surprised max didn't ask about froch in the post fight interview. We know canelo and Cotto are due to meet in September so they are out the picture this year. Ward doesn't fight full stop. Now chavez is gone then triple g and Froch are both free for a big fight next.

I agree with the thread starter that carl might've seen something that will convince him to take it & I also agree that with 1 eye on retirement he will struggle in a fight with Golovkin

Munroe did better than I thought but I didn't know much about him. Golovkin took afew shots, nothing big like kellerman was suggesting but enough to hint that Golovkin is becoming stale at this level & a super fight is overdue

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG beats any age Froch , Froch is wide open to punches he would be stopped with ease.
    Ward is an interesting fight , but I would put my money on GGG.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    GGG beats any age Froch , Froch is wide open to punches he would be stopped with ease.
    Ward is an interesting fight , but I would put my money on GGG.
    They don't seem to agree because even though he's been talking about moving up for various opponents since 2012 every time Ward is mentioned it's "well, umm, we have to clean out 160". Ward even said "watch how they change their tune(about anyone from 154-175) when I call them out" and he was spot on that they changed their tune immediately.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think GGG loses badly to ward. From what I saw last night he is easily out boxed even Floyd a 154 will out box him. Froch is tough and strong also alot bigger so I see a hard fight for GGG where he takes a beating but then again Froch is wide open for GGGs power.
    GGG and team will avoid Ward like the plague.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honesty doubt GGG beats any super middleweight worth a damn - including Arthur Abraham.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information